Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Silly Season.... yet again....

Three items that have struck me as silly in the news today...

A) I see that the old chestnut about the date of Easter is raising it's head once again - boring! Just another ploy to do away with our own culture and impose one that ignorant people have devised to suit their own vanity.

B) I see that the London Borough of Camden doesn't do God. Apparently, certain apparatchiks have required all posters from a Parish in Kentish Town for a campaign with regard to Climate Change to be removed as they mention the Almighty. It seems that such busybodies are not happy to be seen to be "promoting religious ideas", but I just wonder how many things opposed to religion that they are happy to promote within the criteria they describe as "community events?"

C) I see that Tesco's are getting it in the neck - not that this is necessarily a bad thing - for selling Mince Pies with a use by date of October 28th. While I buy into the idea of eating foods that are in season and also do not like the extended 3 month binge that is now "Winterval" (at least in Brum) I do think that some people would be better encouraging a proper observance of the Nativity of the Lord rather than simply pointing out the negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...