Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Guns n’ Roses guitar legend

Slash and wife Perla Ferrar

Just spotted this great interview with Guns n’ Roses guitar legend Slash in Rolling Stone magazine. But the bit that really stands out for me, as a gamer and a guitarist, is this quote regarding his appearance in Guitar Hero III:

…I met this kid who came up to me and was blown away by the fact I was the guy in the Guitar Hero game, and he kept going on about that. Ten minutes later he goes, “Do you play real guitar?”

Wow. Just wow. I mean, we can’t let one kid skew our judgement of the entire music game genre, but the whole “it introduces kids to music that they wouldn’t have appreciated otherwise” argument seems to have suffered a major blow here.

But does it affect my love for these games?

No, not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...