Monday, January 5, 2009

Parish Trip to the Pantomime...

This evening lots of us made our annual trip to the Pantomime at Milton Keynes splendid Theatre. This has become an annual feature of our Parish Life - though rumour has it that I only go for the Ice-cream - cheek. Although I must admit that the Honey & Ginger one devoured this evening was delicious, and I noted that Fr Gary Ecclestone, who joined us, was clutching a Strawberry variety!

This year Henry Winkler (AKA "The Fonz") was Captain Hook - it mad me feel old to think that I was a teenager when he was in "Happy Days" until one of our folk said "Yes, Father, but just think how old he makes me feel: my children were teenagers when he was in that programme!"

We got a mention on stage and made a considerable noise - one year our cheering at our mention was so loud that the performer asked if we were sure we were a Church! Who says Christians can't have fun? Many thanks to Lesley Salter for organising this as usual.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...