Thursday, September 16, 2010

Emma Stone's SNL dreams come true



Emma Stone was first introduced to audiences as one of the hot chicks from Superbad. The object of schlubby Jonah Hill's affection, she was the out-of-your-league girl, who in the end, didn't care about looks...

Since then, Stone has avoided the hot girl typecast, appearing in roles that have actually called for her to dumb down her beauty, in such films as The House Bunny and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past that played up her considerable comic abilities [and the just-released "Easy A"]. Now the 21-year-old actress, who recently made the movie from L.A. to New York, is slinging a shotgun in Zombieland...

You said you usually played girls, and this is the first time you’ve played woman. What makes her woman?
Well, she’s not in high school, which is a big leap. I don’t know how people can pass me off as sixteen and seventeen year-olds still. I conceivably do not—like with the way I live my life, I’m like, “How the fuck am I playing in high school still?” I went back to high school for my next film Easy A, so I’ll milk that as long as I can. I have like no goal, is that weird? Other than SNL, I have absolutely no goal.

You want to do SNL?
Don’t start me on that. It’s a dream, it’s a dream of life.

Why don’t you make that happen?
I don’t know, it’s not gonna happen. Whatever, it’s fine. It’s fine, its nothing. It’s just, no, it’s not even like—it’s like, if that ever happened then I wouldn’t have anything to dream about, and then it would all be pointless.

Why don’t you quit movies and try and become a cast member on SNL? Would you rather do that than movies?
Stop it. That’s my dream. I would rather do that than anything in the world.

Wow, I had no idea.
Yeah, I mean I’m insanely crazy about Kristen Wiig and I’m so jealous of Abby Elliott its not even funny. She’s the youngest woman that’s ever been on SNL. She’s twenty one, so we’re like the same age.

From:
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/zombielands-emma-stone-dreams-of-snl-and-mexican-food/11382

And here we see that Emma was hiding the news that she'd be on SNL...

One of her longtime dreams is to host Saturday Night Live. When asked why she didn't pull a Betty White and campaign for a chance now that she has this big movie coming out, Stone just flashes that smile again like a giddy kid on Christmas morning and says, "I'm not saying anything." But she doesn't have to.

From:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/livefrom/post/2010/09/trying-to-stoke-the-rumor-mill-about-emma-stone/1?csp=34

And check out Emma Stone at 2:48 telling Jimmy Fallon last night that she's hosting Saturday Night Live:



She'll host on October 23rd. It's her biggest dream.

"I'm a pretend prostitute... but take your kids!"

It's interesting because she mentions SNL generically on Jimmy Fallon. She didn't specify if she's a fan of Andy Samberg or Kristen Wiig or any of the other current or past SNL players. However, in the interview article above, she did mention that she's a big fan of Kristen Wiig and jealous of Abby Elliott.

Thanks to Rishabh for the scoop!

What do you think? Is this a good move for SNL or another young hot actor hosting like they had last year?

I'd like to see her on SNL just because she's such a huge fan and that makes me curious if she'll be any good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...