Monday, January 10, 2011

Andy Samberg in Glamour magazine, February 2011

This interview has been painstakingly typed out from Rayanna Janae over at http://squintskywardandlisten.tumblr.com/ - Go check her shtuff out!!! With one further ado...

ADOOOOOO!

======================================



Glamour: So what was it like working with the models on the shoot?

Andy: They were lovely. I felt bad for them because it was chilly. I felt like a mother hen protecting her eggs.

Glamour: You must have been pretty cold yourself. Tell us about the shorts.

A: I was petitioning for shorter. These were the shortest shorts we had, so I just rocked 'em.

G: How do you feel about tight jeans on women?

A: I'm a fan. My high school years were during the nineties, and me and my friends often talk about how we got ripped off, because every generation but our had a tight-jean phase. We had the TLC, where the ladies were wearing baggy Girbauds and loose overalls with one strap. Which, you know, is not without its charms. But we certainly never got that supertight, high cut short, Dazed and Confused look.

G: You've joked that you're a "text whore." What's the best and worst thing about texting in relationships?

Andy: The best thing is you're able to maintain a long-distance relationship much more hands on. Without getting into too much detail, that has definitely come in handy in my life. The worst is texting with someone who doesn't have the text "tone" as you. You gotta build your own text language together.

Part 1 here:
http://squintskywardandlisten.tumblr.com/post/2674864921



Glamour: How do you get your hair to do the things it does?

Andy: I've been training it since high school, so now each hair is its own little organism. I can do specific sweeps with my hand.

Glamour: What is the sexiest thing a woman can do?

Andy: Um, I guess sleep with me? I consider it a very sexy thing if a woman has sex with me.

G: What's the sexiest thing a woman can wear?

A: Whatever Phoebe Cates was wearing in Gremlins. She had kind of a sweater beret situation.

G: You're friends with Justin Timberlake. What kind of attention do you get from girls when you're out with him?

A: I could count the times I've been out with him on one hand. We hang out plenty of times when we're working on stuff, but he gets plenty of attention.

Glamour: When you're not out with him, do you call each other?

Andy: We Skype each other constantly before we go out for an evening to make sure the other one thinks the other one has a good outfit on or something. He's always Skyping me and asking if I think he looks good in his jeans. [Laughs]

G: Who is the funniest woman you've ever met?

A: That's a tough one. I've worked with arguably some of the funniest woman of all time -- Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, Kristen Wiig -- that's an incredible list there.

Part 2 from here:
http://squintskywardandlisten.tumblr.com/post/2674962897



Glamour: What is the sexiest thing a woman can say?

Andy: [Laughs] God, I'm so bad with that. I would say, first of, never once in my life have I used the word sexy. So probably like, "The Jerk is my favorite movie," something like that.

Glamour: What;s the sexiest thing you do, and when do you feel the sexiest?

Andy: I have never done a sexy thing, and I have never felt sexy. [Laughs.] This conversation is the most times I've said sexy in my entire life.

Glamour: You don't need to say it again for four more years.

Andy: Oh no, I'm going to say it constantly now. But I don't truly believe that men can be sexy. The attempt of sexiness on a man's part always ends in lameness.

G: If we spent the night at your house, what might we notice?

A: Um...probably my exact replica of the Sistine Chapel that I have done on my ceiling?

Glamour: I think we're all going to have to spend the night at your house now, because that sounds spectacular.

Andy: Well, tell everyone they're invited. We'll have a big slumber party. ~~

Part 3 from:
http://squintskywardandlisten.tumblr.com/post/2675037741

==============================



Once again, thanks to Rayanna for the scoop and the legwork involved in getting these bits digital!

If you're looking to buy the magazine, it's this one:



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...